Sunday, October 24, 2010

Broiled Plums with Vanilla Greek Yogurt

I want a garden and a compost pile. If the yard is large enough, perhaps we could have a few chickens. I want to have an "eco-scape" yard, one that is designed to work with nature. I would like a patch of prairie grasses and a butterfly garden. This house has to be in Minnesota, of course. 


The kitchen must have a large window facing the yard above the sink. There will be bird feeders. Maybe a swing set and a playground, maybe.


I want a yard where I can plant a few trees. 


And I would like a cider press. 


I would like wood floors, an induction range and a dual oven. A plethora of counter space is required to accommodate all of my kitchen gadgets. When did I become so domestic?


Cooking is a joy. I find it relaxing. And healthy since I know exactly what is going into my food. 


Blake gave me a wok and a fantastic vegetarian cookbook for Christmas last year. And a Carl Sagan book. What a wonderful boyfriend you are. 


If we have offspring, we will probably have a menagerie, since both you and I enjoy pets, including unconventional ones.  


This week, I am going to start the introduction for my thesis proposal, rough draft #1. Shrikes shrikes shrikes, it's all about you now! 


On Thursday, the Killer Klowns will come from outer space. There will be homemade pizza and rice krispie treats. It's "dude night plus Erin".

My friend Sasa made me feel better about some things last night. She's good people. 

MN in 3 weeks.


Life is good.



No comments:

Post a Comment