Wednesday, June 30, 2010

In Honor of Minnesota

In five days from right now, I will be heading to begin the next chapter of my life in Texas. As I have said in nearly every blog post, I am beyond excited to move to San Marcos but I will always love my home state. So, in honor of this great state I have compiled a list of the best spots in this state. Go to them, friends! You will not be disappointed!

The Walker Art Center and the Sculpture Garden
Loring Park
Minnehaha Falls and Seasalt (awesome restaurant)
Itasca State Park
Como Zoo and the Conservatory
Minnesota Zoo
Gooseberry Falls State Park
Cascade River State Park
Crosby-Manitou State Park
Red Wing, MN
The Science Museum of Minnesota
The Saint Paul Farmer's Market
The Chain of Lakes
Sebastien Joe's Ice Cream
Chino Latino
First Avenue
Target Field
TCF Bank Stadium on Gopher football Saturdays
MN Valley Wildlife Refuge
Chatterbox Pub
Pizza Luce
Black Dog Park
St. Anthony Falls


I know there are more great spots all over the state, I wish I could include them all.

I'll miss you dearly Minnesota. The summers are gorgeous. I grew up swimming in many of the 11,000 lakes and catching fish with my dad. In autumn, the trees show an amazing display of colors. The winters can be cold, but the I'll admit I love the excitement of the first snowfall. When I was a child, I spent hours in the snow. Sledding, making snowmen and snow angels, making snow forts with my brothers, and there were some intense snowball fights along the way. When spring comes, life blooms again. The sight of the first red-wing black bird males and the rich morning chorus are two of the most wonderful experiences a person can have in the spring time. The sight of baby waterfowl is always exciting and I will never get sick of seeing Great Blue Herons fly through the sky.

No comments:

Post a Comment