Sunday, June 6, 2010

At home in the cosmos

A video from my favorite author/scientist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MnFMrNdj1yY

"We are star stuff ... a way for the cosmos to know itself."- Carl Sagan, Cosmos

I have chosen to dedicate my life to making the planet a better place to live. I probably will not see peace in my lifetime, but at least I can help get the ball rolling. I want my future nieces and nephews to have all of the things they need and the opportunity to fulfill their dreams. I want that for their children, their children's children and the subsequent generations. I'm doing this for them.

On a different note, I put up suet bird feeders in hopes of attracting the five species of woodpeckers that frequently visit the yard. Instead, it has become the squirrel feeder. I should have expected nothing less since the yard is full of old growth red oaks.

No comments:

Post a Comment