Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The beginning of the end

Three weeks from this moment, I will be arriving in San Marcos, Texas. I am thrilled to be embarking on an adventure and to begin the next chapter of my life. But with any major change, it comes with great anxiety. People ask me about the pending trans-county move approximately ten to fifteen times a day. I understand that it is exciting and interesting so I do not blame the empathic inquirers , but then I feel like vomiting and/or fainting. My mind starts racing.

"How is this all going to work? Will we have enough money? What if we do not get the apartment? Are the cats, rats, and snake going to be alright? What if I do not get a TA position? WHAT IF THIS ALL BLOWS UP IN OUR FACES?"

Alright, some of this are irrational fears. I am terrified and excited simultaneously. I will miss my friends, my family, and this wonderful state. I feel lucky to have been raised here. I had a terrific undergraduate experience. It exceed my expectations and dreams. It was everything I could have wanted and more. I had wonderfully supportive parents. I am lucky enough to have had an exceptional amount of support and understanding from my amazing boyfriend, Blake.

I will really, really miss my parents and my brothers. I am SO proud of my brothers. I cannot be more excited about Christian's wedding this fall.

I will miss my friends and family. I am lucky to have such fond memories and the opportunity to start an amazing new chapter.

I have been very lucky, indeed.

1 comment:

  1. Erin you'll do great! I know I was super nervous about moving and starting grad school but you'll settle into everything pretty quick. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete