Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I hate goodbyes

I graduated from college over a year ago and what a turbulent year it has been. The great earthworm opportunity was a bust, the whole law school thing also fell apart and in a matter of weeks I completed and submitted an application to graduate school. In January, I journeyed to San Marcos, TX for a graduate school interview. The visit was fantastic and three days later, I received an offer for admission into the program. The idea of moving to Texas was exhilarating.

"It is only January! I want to move to Texas NOW!!! The spring is going to drag on!"

It is now June 23 and I am moving in twelve days. Until the last few weeks, it all seemed like a dream that was never really going to happen. Most of my conversations are about the pending relocation. I do not sleep very well anymore, some nights I hardly sleep at all. I feel excitement, anxiety, sadness, and joy simultaneously.

Although I am looking forward to experiencing a new place to live, I am really going to miss Minnesota. I was lucky to have been raised here in this Midwest haven. What more could I have asked for?

Texas, get ready.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel when you got accepted. When I received my acceptance ltter I wanted to start at Iowa the next day

    ReplyDelete