Saturday, July 17, 2010

Hot Texas Nights

As the days float by, the temperature rises. I hear that August is the hottest month and that this summer has been a "cool" summer. For the first time in my life, I will experience a heat index near 115 F. Yeehaw!

My new friend Katherine invited me over last night for food and beer with a number of her and her boyfriend's friends. What a fabulous Texas night. Everyone is sweating in the heavy heat. The five cats that reside with Katherine and Joe were patrolling the yard. Tiny deer roam through the neighborhood. The night was filled with stimulating conversations, beer, and amazing grilled sandwiches.

I was so very excited. I had to remind myself not to talk too much.

I absolutely love it here. Sure, these next few weeks will be filled with boredom but once school starts in six weeks I will be as busy as a bee. When I was in Hawai'i, I was terribly lonely. I was only 19, and just in my second year of college. I was not quite ready for that experience. I longed for my parents, my brothers, Blake, and the Minnesota autumn.

Now, I miss all of the same things, BUT, it isn't painful like it was in Hawai'i. I am happy to be here. I can barely contain my excitement. I love living here in Texas with Blake. This is the best time of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment