Friday, July 23, 2010

Gulf Weather


Blake and I moved to TX over two weeks ago. School starts in a month and I am incredibly excited! I have been spending a lot of time without other humans, just the cats and the rats. I should enjoy all the free time because once school starts, I will not have very much.

Sometimes it all feels like a dream. I often think, "I live in Texas??!!??!!?!" It feels surreal, exciting, scary, and magical simultaneously. I love the sticky, heavy air, the sight of live oaks and cacti, and the sounds of the Southern birds. Blake and I spotted a Carolina anole outside the science building earlier this week. It was communicating by flashing it's throat dewlap!

The native Texans just love my "accent". The smirk and giggle at the looooong o's. Blake and I were dining at a local restaurant last weekend and this is what followed:

Waitress: "What would y'all like to drink?"

Blake: "A mountain dew, please,"

Waitress with a smile: "Mountain deeeeew?"

I am required by the government to renew my vehicle registration in August. I am going to register my vehicle to the state of Texas and get a TX driver's license. Next up, I'll be saying "y'all".

Tropical Storm Bonnie is moving into the Gulf, so rain here over the next few days.

I wish I had a more interesting tales to tell, but it has been a little boring so far. Once I start school, I will have many interesting adventures to narrate.

Until then.






No comments:

Post a Comment