Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just bust a move

My day started early since data collection was Tuesday morning's calling. It seems like there are more hawks than there have been during the summer, but that may not be real (yet, at least). The scissor-tailed flycatchers are still hanging out, but will be gone soon. It's possible that these individuals are migrants, but there is no way for me to tell (within the scope of my study). My data collection is coming to a close soon. Then comes the part where I actually have to do something with it.

If you happen upon an OK state quarter, check out the picture.

Even though it is still quite warm here, the rest of the things I associate with fall move in like any other year. Glee is premiering right now! I would totally be a musical theater actress if I wasn't a scientist (and if I could sing well, of course).

The rat herd is doing well but exponentially messier than 2-3 rats. The babies are almost as big as Phoebe. I wonder if young rat moms have stunted growth. She is even smaller than her sister, Io. At least she does not bite anymore and (sometimes) lets me hold her. Gus says, "let ME hold her, ah hahahha". Nice try, feline. 

No comments:

Post a Comment