Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Time

It is difficult to focus. All I think about is going to Minnesota in just two weeks. I am looking forward to seeing my parents again. The reunion with those you miss after an extended period of time is a grand moment. 


The day I arrived in Minneapolis after four months in Hawaii was an unseasonably warm day in December. My phone had died and I was uncertain if Blake knew where to pick me up. I was frantic and near tears when I turned around and spotted him walking towards me smiling. It was surreal and wonderful. And it was like we were never apart. 


When I arrived at my mother's house, she came out of the front door at the sight of Blake's car in the driveway. She was smiling and it was like no time had passed. When I saw my dad, the same phenomenon occurred. It was as if no time had passed. I can't wait for those moments to happen again. 

I miss my parents. I miss my brothers. 

Two more weeks. An interruption to madness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment