Monday, November 8, 2010

Reflections over black coffee

I recently had my feelings hurt, but my only choice is to just let it go. Sometimes it is difficult to just get over something, but I have found that in many cases, it is for the best. I stepped back and reminded myself that the bigger picture is more important. I asked myself, "will this matter in a month? In a year? In ten years?". Probably not. The offending action still hurts a little, but the upcoming event is too important for people that I care about that I just have to let it go. In the past, I would have held a grudge for a while. Months maybe. Life is too short. Oh, how far I have come.

"Blake, are you excited that are going to Minnesota in ELEVEN DAYS?!!?"


"Yea, but it is bittersweet."


"Well, I know it's only four days, but at least we are going!"

I wish we were staying longer, too. But, I will take four short days over no time at all. All this time that I have lived in Texas, I have known that a wedding in November would bring me back to the place I love. After this, uncertainty is the name of the game. I have no idea when I will make it back to Minnesota after next week.  The good news is that my mom and Auntie Cheryl are coming to visit in January. And hopefully my dad and Josh will come next spring...? (Hint, hint if you are reading!) 


My cousin Patrick will not be attending the upcoming nuptials. Lt Laine is Germany and will not be able to take leave from the Army. He will be missed. We wish you were coming, Lt Laine. I am serious when I say that I am coming to visit you next summer. I'll be at the Frankfurt airport next August. I'll be there. 





 

1 comment:

  1. Take it from me, hurtful comments from people either in general or from those who know you suck. However the outlook you gotta have is one that has stuck with me ever since a friend of mine told me

    "If worrying/being upset by itself doesn't fix the problem at hand, then don't worry or be upset about it"

    Hopefully everything will work out for you and get better in the long run.

    ReplyDelete