Friday, November 12, 2010

Sunset

6 more days until I arrive in Minneapolis, MN. My excitement is difficult to express in words. I cannot believe that Christian is getting married. It feels unreal. While talking to my dad tonight,

"Dad, can you believe that Christian is getting MARRIED next Saturday?"

"Isn't it somethin'?," he replied.

I have been dreaming about the upcoming event all week. Last night I had a dream that I forgot my bridesmaid shoes in TX. 

Am I even the same Erin that left Minnesota in July? In some ways. But I have changed a great deal. My whole life is changing at a rapid pace. My brother is getting married next week. Imaging the ceremony feels like a dream, not real. I am very happy for you. I am grateful that you asked me to be a bridesmaid and that I get to celebrate with you. 


"Home is not really a place, but more a place in your head," a friend told me today.


I certainly felt that way frequently as an older child and teenager. 


"You make your own home," he continued.


Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment