Monday, December 12, 2011

In the lane, snow is glistening

Another year is coming to a close. I still cannot believe that it is December. Time (feels like) it moves differently here. There is no snow. No sub-zero temperatures. Is it really the holiday season? I am going to Minnesota again  on December 23 for a white Christmas. Last year, I experienced the holidays away, lonely and longing for the place my heart lies. Suddenly "White Christmas" held a whole new meaning. Last winter was brutal. Not due to weather since I live in Texas but painful because I was here while the rest of my family and friends began their normal celebrations. My favorite Christmas carol of all time became something new, something relevant to me. It played over and over in my mind and through the tears and sadness, I hoped that next year would bring me back to MN, that a line in the song will come true.

"In a year, we all will be together."

And now, it's almost here. A good friend of mine told me this morning that she is very happy at the progress that I have made over the last year.

Have yourself a merry little Christmas, let your hear be light.
From now on, our troubles will be out of sight
Have yourself a merry little Christmas
Make the yuletide gay
From now on, our troubles will be miles away

Through the years, we all will be together
If the fates allow
Hang a shining star on the highest bough
And have yourself a merry little Christmas now

Take it away Judy Garland.

No comments:

Post a Comment